City of Perrysburg

Alerts alert icon

Permit FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

I want to replace a fence and put it in the same location. Do I need a permit?
Anytime a fence changes in height, style or location a permit must be obtained.
I have a rubber shed that is not affixed to the ground. Do I need a permit?
All new sheds (no matter the type) must receive a permit from our office. Also, sheds must be placed at least 5 feet from the property line (and outside any easements) and at least 10 feet from the house. Limitations on height can vary depending on the height of the home.
I am having a yard sale, am I able to place signs on poles around the city to promote?
Placing a sign on a pole or in the City's right-of-way (area between the sidewalk and street) is strictly prohibited.  Signs for yards sales can be placed on the private property side of the sidewalk.
When am I allowed to have a trailer in my driveway?
Trailers and recreation vehicles may be placed in a front or side yard from April 1st through October 31st of each calendar year. If placed in a front or side yard during the approved times, the recreational equipment or trailer must be parked on an impervious and dustless surface and located not closer than five feet to any lot line. Between November 1st and March 31st, all trailers and recreational vehicles must be stored in a rear yard at lease 5 feet from the property line, stored indoors, or stored off property.
Where are my lot lines?
The City is not able to survey property or provide specific guidance on the location of property lines. The Planning and Zoning Division recommends contacting a certified surveying company, if you would like to know where your lot lines are.
Where can I find out what my property is zoned?
Zoning information can be obtained by clicking here or by calling the Planning and Zoning office at 419-872-8060.