Clean Your Streams Day
- Every year in September, Partners for Clean Streams hosts Clean Your Streams Day and the City of Perrysburg is a proud partner. Volunteers from all over Northwest Ohio spend the day caring for our local waterways by removing trash by the tons.
- 2017 – 57 volunteers removed 1,490 pounds of trash
- 2018 – 91 volunteers removed 3,605 pounds of trash
- 2019 – 170 volunteers removed 2,016 pounds of trash
Clean Your Streams 365
- Would you like to do a stream clean up, but cannot join Clean Your Streams Day? Contact Partners for Clean Streams about Clean Your Streams 365 to plan a clean up when it is convenient for your schedule.
- Pet and Other Poo.Take a pledge to pick up after your pet and don't throw any waste in the storm sewers. Flush pet waste or add to household garbage.
- Kid Superheroes.Kids take action with volunteerism and complete a series of learning opportunities, puzzles, and activities and earn a water quality superhero card!
- Lawn Fertilizer.Learn about fertilizer. Lawn fertilizers also fertilize the lake where they feed algae. If you need to feed your lawn, learn to read the label on the fertilizer bag or choose organic.
- Native Plants and Rain Gardens.Make a commitment to a rain garden. Rain gardens hold stormwater during rain events and let it percolate slowly into the soil. Native plants thrive in flood and drought conditions. Learn how to build a rain garden in your yard.
- Volunteer.We're seeking volunteers to adopt a storm drain. Keep your storm drain clear of leaves. Mark it with a notice that “Drains are for Rain – Throw Nothing in the Drain.” Let your neighbors know what you are doing.