In order to keep Safety Town safe for children and staff, the City will be following COVID-19 guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). Please note: Any of the below information is subject to change at any point due to guidelines issued by CDC or mandated by ODH.
**As of March 12, both morning and afternoon sessions of Safety Town for this year are now full. An email confirmation should have been mailed to you to confirm your reservation. Please contact the Police Division with questions. 419 872 8002
The purpose of Safety Town is to teach basic safety education focusing on pedestrian, bicycle, bus, and recreational safety. Children who will be entering kindergarten or first grade are strongly encouraged to attend this long lasting and worthwhile program.
Safety Town Information
- Location: Woodland Elementary School
- Dates: June 7th - June 18th, 2021
- Morning Session: 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Afternoon Session: 12:00 Noon – 2:00 PM
Since both sessions fill up quickly, it is important to get your registration in as soon as possible. Please indicate if either session is acceptable by marking the appropriate space on the registration form. On the backside of the registration form is the emergency medical form, please fill this out as well.
The Safety Town program is presented for the Perrysburg school children by the City of Perrysburg with the cooperation of the Perrysburg Police Division. All teachers and police officers are fully certified. Children planning to attend Safety Town must live or attend school in the Perrysburg school district.
- There is a $35.00 fee to help defray such costs as materials, snacks and drinks, special events, equipment, and personnel. Payable only by check or money order made out to Perrysburg Safety Town. Please do not send cash.
- Parents will receive an initial confirmation email upon sign-up. An additional email will be sent at the end of May confirming more details.
- If the fee creates a hardship, please contact Detective Kociancic at the Police Station.
Please send your registration form, emergency medical form, COVID-19 waiver, and fee to Safety Town, c/o Detective Shannon Kociancic, Perrysburg Police Division, 330 Walnut St., Perrysburg, Ohio 43551.