Citizens Police Academy
The Perrysburg Police Division is pleased to announce the dates for the 2022 Perrysburg Citizens Police Academy. The Academy will start on Wednesday, September 14, 2022 and continue every Wednesday evening until November 16, 2022. Classes will be held from 6-8:30 PM.
This free, ten-week program allows citizens working or living in Perrysburg to learn about the function and operation of the Perrysburg Police Division. Students will study the operation of the patrol and detective bureaus, use of force, firearms, search and seizure law, defensive tactics, use of force continuum, Ohio Revised Code, and evidence collection. Students will continue their police experience by riding with officers on patrol and participating in a mock crime/trial. It is not our intention to train citizens to take police action or perform law enforcement duties; but rather, to provide them with an overview of the training received and functions performed by our officers.
The Citizen's Police Academy provides an opportunity for citizens to learn first-hand about police operations in their community. The citizens are exposed to numerous officers and functions within the Police Division. Successful students will possess a heightened understanding of police issues and realities in the City of Perrysburg. Officers benefit significantly by increasing their understanding of citizens needs and perspectives.Applicants Must
- Reside or be employed in the City of Perrysburg.
- Be 18 years of age by the first class.
- Complete and submit this online application form before August 31, 2022.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Please download this background check form, complete, sign, and email to Lt. Chris Sargent at email@example.com. The form can also be dropped off or mailed to: Perrysburg Police Division, 330 Walnut St., Perrysburg, OH, 43551.
Class space is limited. Applications will be processed and reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Successful applicants will be notified with additional instructions.