Yard Waste Program
Yard Waste Program Information
- Bundled brush
- 30-gallon generic paper yard waste bag
- 64-gallon Toter purchased by resident
- 96-gallon Toter purchased by resident
Yard Waste Tags are available at:
- Black Diamond
- Kazmaier's Five Star Market
- Walt Churchill's Market
- Toter is supplied by the resident.
- City-issued Toters cannot be used for yard waste.
- Yard waste Toter cannot be blue or gray.
- Residents can purchase a Toter at one of the local stores or use a Toter they currently own that is compatible with the disposal truck's tipping system.
- Acceptability of Toters owned by residents is determined by the disposal service.
- Toter brand meets these specifications.
- Do not overload the Toter. The weight limits are:
- 225 pounds for 64-gallon Toter.
- 335 pounds for 96-gallon Toter.
- All procedures are printed on yard waste disposal tags.
- Generic 30-gallon paper yard waste bags can be purchased at local grocery and big box stores.
- 64-gallon and 96-gallon Toters can be purchased at the local Lowe's.
- Brush must be tied in a bundle not over 4 feet long and not over 65 pounds per bundle.
- An official City tag is required on each bag, bundle, and Toter for each collection.
- There is no alley collection of yard waste.
- Yard waste bags and bundled brush must be set on the curb by 7:00 AM to ensure collection.
- Yard waste is collected starting at 7:00 AM and can run as late as 5:00 PM.
- If missed, call Modern Disposal at 419-874-2966 the next day.
- Collection days follow the same delay schedule as Refuse & Recycling Collection.
- April 1st through November 30th – Collection occurs on regular garbage day and follows the delay schedule.
- December 1st through March 31st – Collection is on Wednesdays only. To be placed on the collection list during this time, contact Modern Disposal at 419-874-2966 by Tuesday of that week you need collection. Leave a message with your address and phone number.
- Flower garden debris
- Grass clippings
- House plants
- Ivy and vines
- Ornamental grasses
- Tree trimmings
- Vegetable garden debris
- Wood mulch
- Landscape timbers
- Plant pots
- Trash of any type
Yard fruit includes only fruit, nuts, or seedpods from trees.
- Maple seed spinners
- Osage oranges
- Seed pods from Catalpa and Locust trees
Yard fruit may be placed in your Refuse Toter year-round.