Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) includes a wide variety of things. It includes fluorescent light bulbs, lithium batteries, medications, mercury, rechargeable batteries, and heavy metals that are contained in electronic waste. Chemicals that are used on yards, pools, oil-based paints and stains are also classified as HHW.
Residents are encouraged to safely dispose and/or recycle these items year-round at Environmental Recycling in Bowling Green or Heritage Environmental Services located in Toledo. Both companies charge a disposal fee.
Consult the A - Z Recycle & Disposal Guide for individual items for safe disposal and recycling options.
Household Hazardous Waste
- Driveway sealer
- Kerosene and gasoline
- Pool chemicals
- Button batteries (Free disposal at Lowe's)
- Lithium batteries (Free disposal at Lowe's)
- Rechargeable batteries (Free disposal at Lowe's)
- Vehicle batteries
- Fever thermometers
- Furnace thermometers
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- CFL bulbs - Free disposal at Lowe's
- Tube lights
- Prescription and over the counter medications
- Free disposal of capsule pills at the Perrysburg Police Division
- Sharps, syringes, and lancets
- Place labeled SHARPS container in refuse Toter
- Oil-based paints and stains
- Paint thinner, mineral spirits, and turpentine
- Brake and transmission fluid
- Motor oil