IMPORTANT UPDATES TO CURBSIDE RECYCLING
Click here to download Frequently Asked Questions.
Beginning MAY 10, the City of Perrysburg will NO longer accept glass bottles and containers in curbside recycling. This decision was made in order to be better stewards of City taxpayer money.
The City will be partnering with O-I Glass to accept glass bottles and jars and glass drinking glasses for recycling into new glass bottles and jars. When residents take their glass to one of the below drop-off locations, it saves the City the tipping fee of approximately $117 per ton. All glass collected at the drop-off locations will be recycled into new glass products.
Beginning APRIL 22, City residents can bring their glass bottles and jars to:
- O-I Glass Recycling Drop-Off Center (1890 Wilkinson Way), Available daily dawn to dusk
- Department of Public Service (11980 Roachton Road), Monday through Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm (excluding holidays)
- Department of Public Utilities (211 East Boundary), Monday through Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm (excluding holidays)
Beginning May 10, the City of Perrysburg will cease curbside collection of glass. Residents are encouraged to continue their commitment to recycling and to utilize one of the three glass recycling drop-off locations. Residents who choose not to recycle their glass at one of these convenient locations may dispose of their glass in their gray refuse Toter. All glass placed in the gray refuse Toter will be taken to the landfill and not recycled.
SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING COLLECTED CURBSIDE INCLUDES (DO NOT BAG RECYCLABLES):
- Paper Food Containers
- Mixed Plastics (#1, #2, #4, #5, #6, & #7)
- Aluminum and Steel Cans
ITEMS NOT COLLECTED CURBSIDE INCLUDE:
- Plastic Bags/Plastic Wrap
- Foam Container/Packaging
- Shredded Paper
- Scrap Metal
For additional questions about curbside recycling, please contact the Department of Public Service at 419 872 8020.