Spring Brush Pick-up
2023 CITY SPRING BRUSH PICK-UP
MONDAY, APRIL 3 - 7:00 A.M.
HOMEOWNER'S BRUSH MUST BE AT THE CURB
This map will be updated at the end of business each day beginning on April 3.
- Limit on length is 12 feet.
- This year, our “out by date” is Monday, April 3 at 7:00 a.m.
- All brush must be placed at the curb, not in the alley.
- Pile brush PARALLEL with street away from mailboxes, trees, fire hydrants and light poles.
- Do not tie into bundles - stack loosely.
- Place small clippings and twigs in personal garbage cans (not in City issued Toters) so they can be easily dumped.
- City crews will take branches, bushes, logs, stumps, firewood and Christmas trees.
- Crews will begin on the EAST side of town this year and work their way WEST.
- Once crews have been down your street, THEY WILL NOT RETURN. A supervisor will check daily to make sure all brush piles were picked up.
- Brush pick-up is not a yard waste or large item pick up. Please do not place anything but brush to the curb. Information on yard waste or large item pick up is available by calling the Department of Public Service at 419-872-8020, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or click here.
- If other items such as ornamental grasses, weeds, sod or leaves are mixed with the brush pile, everything will be left and the homeowner will be responsible for removal of all items.
- Metal, stones and other debris may damage equipment or injure workers.
- An area on the outside of the locked gate at the City Distribution Area near the Wastewater Treatment Plant at 3 West Boundary Street has wood mulch that is available at no charge to City residents.
- Residents may take this mulch during daylight hours.
- This mulch has been double ground and can be used for your landscaping needs.
- Renewed Outdoors, LLC located at 23691 North Dixie Highway (between Five Point and Reitz Roads). Phone number 419-874-5537. Take your driver's license to show proof of residency.
- Renewed Outdoors hours (excluding holidays):
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- No Sunday hours
- Free disposal of the following items:
- Leaves (keep these separate as there is a brush area and a leaf area)
- Loose straw
- Ornamental grass
- Straw bales
- Tree trimmings
- Wood mulch
- Disposal fee charged for the following items:
- Flower garden debris
- Grass clippings
- Vegetable garden debris