Fall Leaf Collection
The City of Perrysburg will begin its fall leaf collection on Monday, October 17, 2022. City crews will begin collection on the east side of the City and work their way west. City crews will collect leaves several times during this time period. A final sweep will commence on Monday, November 28, 2022 (A supervisor will follow the crews to ensure all leaves are collected). PLEASE NOTE: LEAVES PUT OUT ONCE CREWS HAVE BEEN BY ON THE FINAL SWEEP WILL NOT BE PICKED UP. This is a leaf pick up ONLY.
Residents are reminded to do the following:
- Rake leaves to the right-of-way, the area near the curb/edge of street, but NOT in the street and no further than six feet from curb.
- Keep the storm drains clear of leaf debris. If you have a storm drain in front of your home, remove the leaf debris and add it to your leaf pile.
- Inform your landscape company to refrain from blowing leaves into the street when mowing the lawn.
Residents are reminded to not do the following:
- Do NOT rake leaves into the street and no further than six feet from the curb.
- Do NOT bag leaves as city crews use trailer-mounted leaf vacuums.
- Please refrain from piling leaves near mailboxes.
- Do NOT park in front of or on any leaf piles as it is difficult to maneuver the hoses around parked cars.
- For residents who live along a ditch or creek, DO NOT rake leaves to the bank or into the waterway.
- Do NOT mix branches and other debris with the leaf piles because crews will leave the entire pile and then the resident is responsible for the disposal.
- Do NOT pile leaves in the alleys; there is no leaf pick up in alleys.
ADDITIONAL DISPOSAL OPTIONS1. RENEWED OUTDOORS: Available year round for leaf and brush disposal for City residents at no additional cost.
- 23691 North Dixie Highway (between Five Point and Reitz Roads)
- Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (excluding holidays)
- January and February hours are by appointment only. Contact Renewed Outdoors at 419-874-5537 to make an appointment for compost facility use.
2. CITY YARD WASTE PROGRAM: Residents may purchase yard waste disposal tags to utilize the curbside collection and disposal when needed. Options include a 30-gallon paper yard waste bag or a green yard waste Toter. Yard waste disposal tags may be purchased at Black Diamond, Kazmaier’s, Kroger and Walt Churchill’s Market. Green yard waste Toters may be purchased at Lowe’s, 64-gallon or 96-gallon size.
City yard waste disposal tags must be attached to each yard waste bag and/or green yard waste Toter. Yard waste is collected the same day as refuse is collected through Wednesday, November 30. December 1 through March 31, yard waste is picked up by appointment only. Call Modern Disposal at 419-874-2966 before Tuesday to put your address on the list for pick up on Wednesday. Leave your address and number of bags, bundles or Toters.
3. Residents may also hire a private company for removal of leaves.
For more information, contact the Department of Public Service at 419-872-8020.