City of Perrysburg Compost Site
This facility is available to City of Perrysburg residents only
No commercial lawn/tree services use
Located at 1 West Boundary - south of Wastewater Treatment Plant
Saturday hours are available the second and fourth Saturday, January through December 8 a.m. - 12 noon.
You must be pre-registered for Saturday usage. To do register, stop by the Department of Public Service at 11980 Roachton Road Monday through Friday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. (excluding holidays) to have a photocopy made of your drivers license. Residents only need to register once. Call 419-872-8020 for further details.
- Ornamental Grasses
- Straw in bales or loose
Items NOT Accepted:
- Bags, boxes or containers of any kind----Disposal in regular garbage collection
- Building materials----Disposal at either Evergreen or Wood County landfill
- Dirt or soil----Disposal at either Evergreen or Wood County landfill
- Grass clippings----Use City Yard Waste Bag/Tag Program
- Ivy or climbing vines----Use City Yard Waste Bag/Tag Program
- Landscape timbers----Disposal at either Evergreen or Wood County landfill
- Railroad ties----Disposal at either Evergreen or Wood County landfill
- Stone----Disposal at either Evergreen or Wood County landfill
- Weeds---Use City Yard Waste Bag/Tag Program
- Wooden fencing----Disposal at either Evergreen or Wood County landfill
City of Perrysburg Compost Site Procedures:
- City residents must come to the Deparment of Public Service at 11980 Roachton Road to verify residency by driver's license.
- A copy will be made of driver's license and kept on file.
- Each load must be inspected for acceptable materials.
- After the load is approved, the resident will borrow a key to drop the load at the Compost Site.
- Resident will take brush, leaves, ornamental grasses and/or straw to the Compost Site and dump in designated locations. Leaves, ornamental grasses and straw must be kept separate from other wood items because there are separate areas at the Compost Site.
- Residents are responsible to lock and unlock the gate to the Compost Site.
- Do not leave the gate open. Lock the gate when you leave.
- The compost key must be returned immediately to the Department of Public Service.
- Compost privileges will be terminated if resident:
- Dumps unacceptable materials or dumps in the wrong area
- Fails to return the key to Department of Public Service in a timely manner
- Causes the area to become littered
- The leaves are separate from other items so they can rot and become soil amending leaf compost.
- The ornamental grasses and straw are kept separate to be ground into soil amendments.
- The branches, bushes, stumps and limbs are kept separate to be chipped into wood chip mulch. The wood chips are useful in landscaping to prevent weed growth.
- After dumping load, attach compost sticker so it is clearly visible to city workers.
Use on the Second and Fourth Saturday of Each Month
Take loads directly to the City Compost Site, where a city employee will check your load and your ID.
Bring your photo ID so city employee can check you for previous registration to use the compost site.
Wood Mulch and Leaf Compost
Wood mulch and leaf compost are available during daylight hours. City residents may self load wood mulch and leaf compost from the piles located outside the Compost Site yellow gates. Wood mulch and leaf compost are set out as it becomes available.
Residents may also compost in their back yard. Resources for back yard composting are:www.epa.gov/compost
For information about vermicomposting (worm bins) consult www.wikipedia.org/wiki/vermicompost